Let user open in the PC browser media URL to Android device [1/2]
This feature allows seamless playback transfer of web video playback session from PC to Android device.
Using "KDE Plasma Integration" addon for Firefox KDE Connect can fetch currently playing URL and then send it to the Android device through Mpris plugin. Android client then can add seek position from Mpris player status to the URL (if video hosting supports this feature) and open the URL using standard Android VIEW intent.
This allows user to start video playback on YouTube/Vimeo/whatever on the PC and then continue it on Android tablet/phone in just 2 taps (open notification and tap "open here" arrow icon (i added it in playback control buttons row at very right).
Playback position is preserved on following video hosting domains: youtube.com youtu.be pornhub.com vimeo.com dailymotion.com twitch.tv But it could be added for other video hosting domains as well (if supported by hosting) - rules for adding/updating playback position timestamp are defined in VideoUrlsHelper class.
Videos from other domains just open its URL in browser, and user need to change playback position manually.
Implements kdeconnect-kde#13 (partially)
Depends on kdeconnect-kde!195
- Update kdeconnect-kde and kdeconnect-android with patched versions
- Install "KDE Plasma Integration" to Firefox on the PC
- Start playing a YouTube video in Firefox on the PC
- Open "Multimedia control" KDE Connect activity
- Pause video on the PC
- Tap "Pointing arrow" button at right of "Next video" button
- The video will be opened on the Android device