URL (WXXX) tags incorrectly saved
This bug is very similar to what I reported in bug 3009617. The URL gets written to the Description field rather than the URL field on first save, but it gets written properly on subsequent saves. Again, it's probably easiest to provide a specific example:
- Edit MP3 with no WXXX/URL tag
- Click Add, select "WXXX - User defined URL link"
- Add a description of "URL", any text (eg., http://example.com) for the URL field, and click OK
- Save tags and note that the description remains URL and the data field remains http://example.com
- Double-click the URL field and change the URL (eg., http://test.com)
- Save tags, note that the Description field has changed from "URL" to http://test.com, and the URL field has reverted to the original http//example.com
I understand that the normal workflow for adding a URL would be to do it through the WXXX - User defined URL link dialog box when clicking the Add tag button, but this is a problem when editing existing URL tags. It can also show up when batch editing, such as if you add the (blank) custom tag at once to multiple entries so you can more quickly fill it in one-by-one for each track.
Imported from SourceForge, author: nitro322