Wayland compositor bypass broken with Mesa 21.0
I've been using kwin-git on arch linux compiled at commit 5f7a2806. Originally, compositor bypass was working perfectly and there's a noticeable reduction in input latency. But, it seems to be broken after upgrading mesa from 20.3.4 to 21.0.1. I also upgraded to latest kwin-git with same results. Reverting mesa back to 20.3.4 fixes the issue.
OS: Arch Linux CPU: Ryzen 1700 RAM: 32gb GPU: AMD Vega 64
Steps to reproduce:
- Install kwin-git at commit 5f7a2806 or later (or at commit that has compositor bypass)
- Update mesa to version 21.0 or above. (The issue persists with latest mesa-git)
- Play any game in fullscreen mode and observe stuttering and input lag
- Downgrading mesa to 20.3.4
- After opening a game, turn off the screen and then turn it back on. This workaround works with any mesa version.