Alternative totp token timeout/health indicator
Experiments with alternative indicator styles:
Personally my preference goes to using full-width horizontal rectangle sitting flush with the bottom of the list entry. Circular indicators are perhaps what people might be used to from Google Authenticator but I'm not happy with the look of the thing when I tried to implement this in QML.
- Ignore the experiment with grace timer/switching of style for delete actions. We basically abandoned that concept in favour of a big modal pop-up. All that matters here is the normal indicator style (green receeding progress bar thing).
- The QML shapes module is required (
qml-module-qtquick-shapespackage in Debian)
ShapePathrendering doesn't do this, at all.
- Can be partially worked-around using a
Rectangle, but that has other issues with colours
ShapePathdon't do a separate opacity so we'd need to do manual alpha blending somehow if we want to get a monochrome result with the correct colour behaviour on hover (because the hover colour itself is a partially transparent colour fill as under-lay).
- Alpha blending is also how AA works (kinda) meaning that opacity gets in the way and especially the cut-out can start to look rather octagonal instead of circular...
- Intuition says this is going to be all manner of horrible with other themes/styles.
- Also probably problematic if we want to implement some kind of highlight animation for clicking on an entry (e.g. flood fill, like in the Kirigami Gallery listview example).
- Need a fairly large indicator, though in fairness this would probably not look so bad if it were laid out on the left so it's ... . Something to consider if we want action buttons to be visible by default.