The purpose of this patch is to fix the sorting in Gwenview.
I believe Geeqie has a better sorting.
Actually, I am annoyed by these behaviours:
- Gwenview uses the EXIF date when it is available to sort by date. This feature is a mess when we want to sort by modified date. Despite it can make sense, this feature is not documented. A workaround is to remove the EXIF date, but this is cumbersome.
- Gwenview gets the sorting from a DBUS query when we open a directory using the method
MainWindow::setInitialUrl(a click on a directory in the recent places). This is also a silent behaviour, and it ignores/overwrites the actual Gwenview sorting setup. Thus, this is clearly a bug.
- Gwenview sorting is hidden in the UI menu, and sometimes it is set silently by DBUS.
- implements a Date Modified and EXIF sorting
- implements an Image Dimension sorting
- add a prefix label to the sorting action to show which sorting is set
- disable DBUS query to get the sorting of a directory (don't know what to do...)
I am not sure the image dimension code is the most efficient.
CI pipeline failed, but this patch compiles and works as expected.
TODO: this patch need some clean-up... (logging, Emacs, ...)