This actually works around a bug in font config that always seems to consider 10pt the primary match for sizes above 12, but skipping over this primary match does lead to the font not being considered for fallback.
Basically, the problem is that the terminal entry
fc-match "WenQuanYi Bitmap Song:pixelsize=12" returns
wenquanyi_9pt.bdf: "WenQuanYi Bitmap Song" "Regular"
fc-match "WenQuanYi Bitmap Song:pixelsize=16" returns
wenquanyi_10pt.bdf: "WenQuanYi Bitmap Song" "Regular" , which is a fontConfig bug. (if you add
-s you'll be able to see the total sorted fonts, the pixelsize you'd want is on the second entry...).
Try to reproduce the bug above.
I confirmed this builds.
I confirmed Krita ran and the relevant functions work.
I tested the relevant unit tests and can confirm they are not broken. (If not possible, don't hesitate to ask for help!)
I made sure my commits build individually and have good descriptions as per KDE guidelines.
I made sure my code conforms to the standards set in the HACKING file.
I can confirm the code is licensed and attributed appropriately, and that unattributed code is mine, as per KDE Licensing Policy.
Reminder: the reviewer is responsible for merging the patch, this is to ensure at the least two people can build the patch. In case a patch breaks the build, both the author and the reviewer should be contacted to fix the build. If this is not possible, the commits shall be reverted, and a notification with the reasoning and any relevant logs shall be sent to the mailing list, email@example.com.