On mobile, interaction with the search page swipe list items result in a set of inconveniences:
- Accidentally play a track - triggered by item click- while trying to click the swipe handler, and vice versa
- Swipe list item actions do not offer a text description; you have to try them to see what they offer
- The styling of the swipe list item on mobile, in many cases, makes hard to trigger the actions
- When more than one pages exist in the stack, gestures for swiping an item and navigating between pages overlap
First, I experimented with the pattern that elisa mobile offers: A kebab button on each item that opens an overlay sheet. However, the inconveniences 1 and 3 still exist.
Let me suggest an alternative pattern:
- The search results are presented as simple list items
- When the user clicks on an item, the item is expanded; a new row is displayed, displaying the actions available for this item.
- When the user clicks on an expanded item, the item's actions are hiding
P.S. The sections issue is addressed in terms of the MR !13 (merged)