UI/Usability issue with the interface effects scaling.
There was something that bugged me about the way kdenlive scaled it's interface on my 14 inch laptop screen in the 20_03 release cycle but i was not able to put my finger on it. Although i understand that a 14 inch laptop screen is not ideal for editing than a ultrawide(that i use with my tower pc) the aspect ratio is there and i think this is a important issue as allot of us might edit some quick footage while using a laptop in mobility.
This is the way kdenlive scales it's interface in the 19.08 release. I chosed the breeze light theme intentionally so that there is a visual distinction between this and the 20.03 relese(breeze dark)
- in the Properties tab,resizing the tab window, important controls like icons of move effect up/down, delete effect etc remain always visible while the text gets cut
- the color wheels scale, alowing them to be always visible in some whay
- the overall information presented through the UI(wich is allot) is somehow always readable and easy to access
Now on to the 20.03 release. This is the default interface as in a first run of the program:
Of course we can move tabs around to give the Proprierties tab more space but:
- the important icons get covered while the effect name is kept intact. From a usability stand point i need more the icons than the effect name. For that it is enough to see the first letters to understand what it is
- the color wheels are unable to scale , most likely because of the text underneath them. Doing any kind of color correction while scrolling up and down becomes a real pain. The wheels, while beautifully rendered are just too big
- the overall information presented through the UI(wich is allot) is always somehow cutted and accessible through scrolling or resizing the tab window
It is not a big deal but please re enable the 19.08 way of scaling the interface. It might not seem as a urgent thing to fix but , for a newcomer, might give the impression that kdenlive's interface is unpolished when in reality blows allot of commercial software out of the water when talking customisibility.
As for the lift/gamma/gain effect, this mokup might alow it to scale independent of the sistem font dimension and , at least for me, it looks beutiful
Thank you devs for all your efforts.