kickoff refactor / design tweaks
- Now uses implicit content size to set the size of the plasmoid, which fixes translated string elision issues.
- Much simpler code. This is a red patch.
- Reduced RAM usage. Pages that are not in use are unloaded. The models aren't unloaded, so it shouldn't negatively affect performance in other ways.
- Vertical movement and opacity animation when switching from normal page to search view.
- Single horizontal movement and opacity animation when switching from applications page to places page.
- Opacity animation when switching from favorites grid to apps list.
- KickoffListView and KickoffGridView now support PageUp, PageDown, Home, End, Ctrl+Home and Ctrl+End shortcuts like lists and grids do on the web. See https://www.w3.org/TR/wai-aria-practices-1.2/#grid
- KickoffListView/KickoffGridView keyboard navigation disables hovering to change current item for 100ms. It's meant to filter out accidental mouse movement while using the arrow keys to navigate.
- Add Ctrl+F shortcut to focus search bar
- Focus the next item down when pressing down while the search bar is focused instead of focusing the 1st item. The old kickoff did this and made it faster to select and activate items.
- Hovering near the bottom/top of a view no longer rapidly selects a series of new items lower down/higher up that are not yet visible.
- Single letter section headers are now horizontally center aligned with icons.
- Scroll to switch tabs.
- Added pin button to keep the launcher open.
- Show tooltips for list/grid items that have elided text.
- Padding and spacing are more uniform.
- List items have better vertical pixel alignment.
- Fixed pixel alignment of arrows in sidebar category items
- Sidebar list items line up with main content area list items and section headers
- Labels in grid items now have consistent vertical positions.
- Fixed error in tools.js with favoriteModel.enabled
BUG: 433103 BUG: 432270 BUG: 439140 BUG: 434736 BUG: 431913 BUG: 433146 BUG: 433241 BUG: 408313