Switch System Tray item on hover
Now, hovering over a system tray applet will switch to that one without needing to click, provided the conditions are right:
- The popup is already open
- The popup is not pinned
- The visible view is a single row/column layout
SNIs are skipped as they have no popup content.
Here's what it looks like in action:
Implementing it was surprisingly simple. However this is a somewhat speculative MR to see if we really want to do it, since several things need to be fixed before we could consider merging it:
- Stop showing tooltips on hover when the popup is already open. The
activeproperty seems to do nothing at all!
- The Night Color applet needs to be either rewritten to be an SNI, or given content in its FullRepresentation.
- For some reason, the Battery & Brightness applet does not load battery details when activated via hover the way it does when clicked!
- Probably need to implement a triangle mouse filter so diagonal cursor movement into the applet doesn't unintentionally switch the view.
- Possibly visually group or separate SNIs from applets so it doesn't seem weird that some random-seeming tray icons don't do anything when hovered?